The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. This event takes place at Tøyenparken, Oslo The course is ran on a mixture of asphalt, with some dirt tracks. . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Tøyen parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Tøyen parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe meeting point is outside Tøyenbadet. The parkrun starts with a downhill track and is followed by 3 loops around the park and ends on a grassy section beside a large statue near the start. The course is a mixture of hilly ups and downs and flat straights which affords views out over Oslo. Underfoot is mostly asphalt, with some dirt tracks.
Beskrivelse av løypenMøtested er utenfor Tøyenbadet. Tøyen parkrun starter med en slak nedoverbakke, en kortere runde og deretter 3 runder rundt parken. Mål er på en gresslette ved siden av en stor steinstatue nær starten. Løypen er en blanding av bakker og flate partier som gir god utsikt utover Oslo. Underlaget er for det mest asfalt med innslag av noen grusveier.
FacilitiesThere are no toilet facilities available in the park.
FasiliteterDet finnes ikke toaletter i Tøyenparken
Location of startThe meeting point is outside Tøyenbadet.
Hvor er starten?Møtested er utenfor Tøyenbadet
Getting there by public transportThe nearest Tube station is Tøyen. Tøyenbadet, the meeting point, is at the highest point of the park and is the largest building in the park. The nearest bus stops are Munchmuseet or Tøyen stasjon.
Hvordan komme seg hit med kollektivtransport?Den nærmeste T-banestasjonen er Tøyen. Møtestedet er Tøyenbadet, som ligger på det høyeste punktet og er den største bygningen i parken. Nærmeste bussholdeplass er Munchmuseet eller Tøyen stasjon.
Getting there on footFrom Tøyen tube station you enter the park at the southern entrance and head north crossing past the stone statue and up the hill to Tøyenbadet.
From Munchmuseet bus stop, you enter the park at the western entrance and head east climbing the hill towards Tøyenbadet. From Tøyen stasjon bus stop, you enter the park at the eastern entrance and the Tøyen badet is not far from the entrance point.
Hvordan komme seg hit til fots?Fra Tøyen T-banestasjon går man over veien og inn den sørlig inngangen til parken. Sving nordover, gå forbi steinstatuen og opp bakken mot Tøyenbadet.
Fra Munchmuseet bussholdeplass går man inn den vestlige inngangen til parken. Gå østover og opp bakken mot Tøyenbadet.
Fra Tøyen stasjon bussholdeplass går man inn den østlige inngangen til parken og Tøyenbadet er like ved inngangen.
Getting there by roadLoad above address in your sat nav.
The park is on the Ring 2 road, Finnmarkgata on the way out of central Oslo in the city district of Grünerløkka.
Hvordan komme seg hit med bil?Følg GPS til adressen. Parken ligger ved Ring 2, Finnmarkgata, på vei ut av sentrale Oslo i bydel Grünerløkka.
Post Run CoffeeEvery week we go to the cafe in the botanical gardens (Handwerk Botaniske).
Er dette nettstedet tilgjengelig på norsk?
Ny nettside med all informasjon på norsk er under utvikling