The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. This event takes place at Mosvatnet, Stavanger. The course is ran on a mixture of asphalt, with some dirt tracks. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
Stavanger parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the event as safe as possible, so participants, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with one dog by your side, within reach at all times, on a short, handheld, non-extendable lead. Please also see this Support Site entry for further details about parkrunning with dogs.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Stavanger parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionA clockwise lap of Mosvatnet and an out and back jaunt to the top of Vålandstårnet. The start and finish are adjacent to Gamlingen outdoor swimming pool.
Beskrivelse av løypenLøper med klokken rundt Mosvatnet, deretter opp til Vålandstårnet og ned igjen. Start- og sluttlinja er ved siden av Gamlingen
Toilets are available for use within the Gamlingen outdoor swimming facility. Please be respectful of Gamlingen’s kindness to offer these facilities, which are primarily for the use of people using the swimming pool.
FasiliteterGamlingen er veldig hyggelige som lar oss bruke toalettene deres, siden de som regel er forbeholdt de som bruker svømmebassenget.
Location of startThe start is adjacent to Gamlingen outdoor swimming pool.
Hvor er starten?Start er ved siden av Gamlingen.
Getting there by public transportThe X60 and E90 buses stop at the Mosvatnet Camping bus stop adjacent to the start of the run. Route 6 and 7 stop on the opposite side of Mosvatnet. All bus options can be taken from Breiavatnet; the lake in the centre of Stavanger. The train from Egersund, which takes in Bryne, Klepp, Ganddal, Sandnes, Forus, Gausel, Jåttåvågen and Mariero stops in the centre of Stavanger at Breiavatnet. It’s then either a short walk or a bus ride to Gamlingen. From Sola and Sola Airport take the Flybussen to Stavanger Sentrum
Hvordan komme seg hit med kollektivtransport?X60 og E90 bussene stopper vet Mosvatnet camping nær der løpet begynner. Rute 6 og 7 stopper på den andre siden av Mosvatnet. Alle bussvalgene kan tas fra Breiavatnet, vannet i Stavanger sentrum. Toget fra Egersund, som stopper ved Bryne, Klepp, Ganddal, Sandnes, Forus, Gausel, Jåttåvågen og Mariero stopper i Stavanger sentrum ved Breiavatnet. Derfra er det en kort gåtur eller busstur til Gamlingen. Fra Sola og Sola flyplass ta flybussen til Stavanger sentrum.
Getting there on footFrom Breiavatnet take Olav V’s gate south to the 509 madlaveien. Either continue straight, to link up with the far side of Mosvatnet or turn left onto Tjodolvs Gate and head for one of the two bridges crossing the E39 motorway onto the Mosvatnet path.
Hvordan komme seg hit til fots?Fra Breiavatnet ta Olav V’s gate sørover til 509 madlaveien. Følg den enten helt opp til den andre siden av Mosvatnet, eller ta til venstre inn Tjodolvs gate og følg den opp til en av de to broene som går over E39 motorveien til stien på mostvatnet.
Getting there by roadFor directions by car please load the event address, Mosvangen 18, 4021, Stavanger, into your satnav. Some limited parking may be available in areas adjacent to the start/finish.
Hvordan komme seg hit med bil?For bilrute bruk GPS og last inn Mosvangen 18, 4021 Stavanger. Noe parkering er tilgjengelig i områdene rundt startlinja.
Post Run CoffeeEvery week we’ll meet for a coffee in the café of the Gamlingen outdoor swimming facility.
Hver uke møtes vi til en kopp kaffe i kafeen ved Gamlingen.
Er dette nettstedet tilgjengelig på norsk?
Ny nettside med all informasjon på norsk er under utvikling