The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. This event takes place at Løvstakkveien 51, Bergen. The course is ran on trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Løvstien parkrun, Bergen is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to human's through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Løvstien parkrun, Bergen is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionWe run back and forth on the Løvstien trail, located below Mt. Løvstakken. Start and finish is by the picnic-tables close to the Solheimslien-entrace of Løvstien. We start by running in the Laksevåg direction before we turn and head towards Danmarksplas. The course is run twice.
Beskrivelse av løypenVi løper frem og tilbake i Løvstien som ligger plassert ved foten av Løvstien. Start og mål er ved området med piknikbordene, ikke langt fra inngangen til stien fra Solheimslien. Vi løper først i retning Laksevåg, før vi snur og løper mot Danmarksplass. Vi løper løypen to ganger.
FacilitiesThere are no toilet facilities available at Løvstien.
FasiliteterDet finnes ikke toaletter i Løvstien.
Location of startThe event starts by the picnic-tables close to the Solheimslien-entrace of Løvstien.
Hvor er starten?Start er ved området med piknikbordene, ikke langt fra inngangen til stien fra Solheimslien.
Getting there by public transportThe best option is to take bus 10 (Wergeland/Søndre skogveien) and get off at the Blekenberg stop. Then walk 200 m until you are at the path (follow the sign on the right on Blekenberg rd). If you have a stroller, get off at the Løvstakkveien-stop, make your way from Solheimslien to Løvstakkveien and enter the path from Løvstakkveien 51.
Alternative, you can take bus 13 to Michael Krohnsgate and walk about 650 m uphill to reach the course. There are several options to get to the path, look for a “Løvstien” sign.
Hvordan komme seg hit med kollektivtransport?Beste alternativ er å ta buss nummer 10 (Wergeland/Søndre skogveien) til Blekenberg, da er det 200 m til Løvstien (Følg skilt fra Blekenberg, like til høyre). Dersom du har vogn, gå av bussen ved stoppet som heter Løvstakkveien. Følg Solheimslien til Løvstakkveien, og du kommer inn på stien ved Løvstakkveien nr. 51
Alternativt kan du ta buss nr. 13 til Michael Krohnsgate og gå ca. 650 meter (oppover) til du er i Løvstien. Det er forskjellige ruter for å komme til stien, det enkleste er å følge skilt til Løvstien som du finner i flere gater/flere steder.
Getting there on footThere are several entrances to the Løvstien-path, and in many of the streets beneath Mt. Løvstakken you will find signs showing you the direction. Not all entrances are accessible with a bike/stroller, but the entrance at Løvstakklien 51 is accessible.
Hvordan komme seg hit til fots?Det er mange forskjellige veier som fører til Løvstien. I mange av gatene som ligger ved foten av Løvstakken er det skilt som viser veien. Ikke alle veier er like tilgjengelige med sykkel/vogn. Den mest tilgjengelige inngangen ligger ved Løvstakkveien 51.
Getting there by roadFor directions by car please load the address, Løvstakkveien 51, 5055 Bergen, into your GPS. Limited parking available on residential streets nearby the path entrance.
Hvordan komme seg hit med bil?For ankomst med bil, legg inn adresse Løvstakkveien 51, 5055 Bergen. Begrenset parkering langs veien i boligstrøkene rundt ad.
Post Run CoffeeEvery week we’ll meet for a coffee in the reception of the Magic hotel Solheimsviken (Bøhmergaten 42).
Hver uke møtes vi til en kopp kaffe i resepsjonen til Magic hotel Solheimsviken (Bøhmergaten 42).